- Faloods sev – 3/4 cup (recipe below)
- Basil seeds or sabja or chia seeds – 1 tbsp (soaked a cup of water for an hour)
- Rabdi – 1 cup (recipe below)
- Vanilla ice cream – 1/2 pint (or 1 scoop for each cup)
- Rose syrup
- Toasted nuts for garnishing (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- A pinch of cardamom
- A few saffron strands
Boil 3 cups of milk over medium heat in a pan. Lower the heat and let the milk reduce to 1/3 rd of the quantity stirring frequently. Add sugar little at a time and check for sweet and add more. Finally add a pinch of cardamom powder, few saffron strands(optional).
Keep a bowl filled with ice and cold water. You can use sev maker for making these.
Mix 1/2 cup of corn flour with 1/2 cups of water and make a smooth mix. Add one more cup of water to the mixture. Heat a wide pan over medium heat and add this mix. Stir continuously and cook with forming any lumps. When it becomes transparent, stop cooking.
Add this to the sev press when it is piping hot. Press and squeeze the sev into the cold water and let it sit there till you use it for the falooda.